Enhancing or maintaining your lifestyle while on the road is becoming easier than ever.
For some time now, many hotel chains have decided to take a part of the $494 billion dollars health and wellness industry (data according to 2014 Global Spa and Wellness Economy Monitor) by adding wellness offerings to their room, restaurant and spa menus. These hotels have realized that not every vacationer is there on a party vacation, but many travel for wellness and reasons related to their wellbeing. Whether the guest is traveling for leisure, business or for a family vacation, hotels have become savvy in helping them achieve their wellness goals, turning them into repeat customers.
Some of the most accessible wellness services and amenities, offered recently, which guests receive directly in their rooms without the added effort include:
- Mini bars stocked with local farmers market produce, green juices and homemade power bars, as seen at the *The Epiphany Hotel in Palo Alto, California
- Room service menus that offer SuperFoodsRx menu created with natural and nutrient rich ingredients, offered at Westin Hotels
- Menus where guests can substitute white flour for quinoa, as offered at Kimpton hotels
- Vitamin C-infused showers, wake-up light therapy and air purification systems such as those by Delos Living MGM Grand Las Vegas
- In-room training zones and stand up work desks found at various InterContinental Hotel Group properties
- In-room treadmill, elliptical machine or stationary bikes available by request at Wyndham hotels
Many other innovative, in and out of room wellness services, are on the rise and available for guests, some of which are included in their hotel rates. Some may offer nutrition/cooking classes, group hiking, stress-reducing spa features, salt therapy rooms and many more services created with the guest’s wellbeing in mind.
If a hotel is considering jumping on board the wellness train, what services will it need to offer to set itself apart in this growing industry? Email us to share the information about your innovative services, exciting amenities and the multiple benefits offered to your guests and perhaps it will be featured on the next blog.
We are at [email protected]
Some of the information found in the blog is from the following articles:Share